Here is the non-interactive vector illustration created in Adobe Illustrator:
And now for the exciting part... click here to see the finished interactive Flash illustration!
Roll over parts of the illustration with your mouse and click on stuff and it will come to life. Here are a few things you can try:
1. Click on the christmas tree to change the song
2. Click on the star to turn the christmas tree lights on or off
3. Put the mouse over the open doorway to see who's hiding there; click to see what he has to say
4. Click on the frame on the wall to change the artwork
5. Click on the pillows on the couch to change their color
6. Click on the curtain rod to open and close the curtains
7. Put the mouse over the open window to see who's outside; click to hear what he has to say
8. Click on the lampshade to turn the lights on or off in the room
9. Click on the doggie to hear him
10. Roll the mouse over the gifts to make them rustle; click each one to hear what's inside!
Lesson Learned: PATIENCE!! Flash was such a frustrating program for me to use at first, but that was just because it was all brand new. Now that I have a better understanding of it, it's actually a lot of fun! Don't claim to hate a new software just because you don't understand it- once you figure it out and make something great, you might just end up loving it!