Friday, May 6, 2011

Bouncing Ball.. and a Lesson on Precision

Here is a simple bouncing ball animation I learned to make in class last week using Flash:



I'm working on an interactive environment for my final now. It's an illustration of a living room at Christmas time, and when you click on things, they animate. I finished the illustration last week- I'm working on the animation now, and I'll add sounds next week! I'm excited!

Lessons Learned: Illustrating by hand can be loose and spontaneous, but using computer software to create art, and especially to animate requires understanding of specific tools and processes or it will not work. There is no such thing as loose technique in Flash animation- each action must be thought out carefully and the processes completed perfectly in order for the animation to work. It can be very frustrating at first, but just take a deep breath, learn from your mistakes, and you will eventually start to memorize the simple processes and be able move on to create more complex and exciting animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment